The Global Reporting Centre is based at the University of British Columbia’s Graduate School of Journalism, Media and Writing. All donations made to the GRC through UBC’s donation portal will go directly towards supporting the Centre. UBC is a registered charitable organization, which means your donation may qualify for a tax credit. All supporters will receive a UBC tax receipt by email.
How do I make a tax-deductible donation?
Follow the steps below to make a donation through UBC’s donor portal:
1. Visit UBC’s donation portal.
2. The form should auto-fill with the correct fund. Your page should look like the example below:
If it is not auto-filled, type UBC Global Reporting Centre Fund G0578 under “Direct my gift to.”
3. Next, select either a one-time or monthly donation. You can choose a set amount or customize the amount by selecting “other” and entering your desired donation amount.
4. Click “Continue” and input your contact information.
5. Then, proceed to the payment information and input your details.
By phone or mail
To donate by telephone please call UBC’s Development office at 604-822-8900 or toll free at 1-877-717-4483 (GIVE) and reference “UBC Global Reporting Centre Fund G0578.” If you’d like to send a donation by mail please call UBC development. They will provide all the details needed to mail in your donation.
How do I donate as an international donor?
For international donors, UBC has charitable status in the US, UK, and Hong Kong. If you wish to receive a receipt in any of these jurisdictions for donations of more than $250, please visit UBC’s International Gifts page. If you’d like to speak to our team about donations please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting the Global Reporting Centre!